A Flint hills retreat in the sky
2 Beds, 4 Guests
A charming retreat in the heart of the Flint Hills of Kansas.
Elmdale Treehouse is nestled in the trees of historic Chase County. It provides the perfect quiet retreat for couples looking to get away from it all. This prairie hideaway is spacious enough for small families and just minutes away from The National Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, as well as the oldest working Kansas courthouse. Enjoy fishing at the Chase State Lake just a few miles up the road or wade through the cool waters of the Chase Lake Falls and Wildlife Area. Equipped with convenient amenities, you can share a restful weekend with friends and family, embraced in the breezes and shade surrounding our Flint Hills retreat in the sky.
Home and Amenities
Full Kitchen with Basic Cooking Supplies
Shaded Deck with Gas Grill
Screened Porch with Comfy Seating
Loft Bedroom with Queen Sized Bed
Half Bath with Shower
Full Sized Pull Out Couch
Smart TV & DVD Player
Coffee Maker & Board Games
Explore Chase County
- Spend the day fishing or take your kayaks to the Chase County Lake just a short 4 miles away.
- Explore the beautiful waterfall that sits next to Chase Lake or view the falls of Cottonwood River just a couple more miles down the road.
- With only a 10 minute drive east, you’ll find miles of hiking trails at The Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve.
Shopping & Local Artistry
- Spend the afternoon perusing antiques or finding the perfect western flare throughout the shops of Chase County.
- Take the beautiful scenic drive to Matfield Green just 20 miles away and find original prairie art from local artist or choose from hand-crafted pieces in Cottonwood Falls.
- Explore historic Chase County and tour the oldest working courthouse in Kansas.
- Immerse yourself in the old west at Roniger Museum in Cottonwood Falls.
- Built in 1881, see how pioneers lived at the Spring Hill Farm and Stock Ranch located at The Tallgrass National Preserve.
- Experience fine dining with locally sourced fare or enjoy a more casual night out in Cottonwood Falls and Strong City just a few minutes away from Elmdale.
Absolutely Amazing experience! This was last minute and unplanned and Misty and Josh were so accommodating with excellent communication!! We didn’t even plan on touring Cottonwood but had such a fun time spending the morning and afternoon in this quaint little historic town. There’s a lot of history in Elmwood too! The treehouse was spectacularly clean… even the linens and towels smelled so fresh!! Everything is organized so well! The little small details they put into this treehouse were so unique and beautiful!!! My husband and I slept so cozy up in the loft and our grandson just loved the pullout couch! These hosts and this treehouse were one for the record books!!! Thank you Misty & Josh for your Kansas hospitality!!
My daughter and I very much enjoyed our day/night trip to Elmdale and our stay in the treehouse. It was cozy and welcoming and we enjoyed it very much. The screened in porch was great in the evening for card games and in the morning for coffee – Loved it!
From Wichita, came to visit the Flint Hills and had a very nice, quiet, relaxing weekend! We enjoyed both decks and greatly appreciated the games. TV wasn’t turned on all weekend and we enjoyed it. We loved your treehouse get away and hope to visit again in the fall.
PS – Thank you for suggesting the Chase County lake. Kayaking there was beautiful!
Book your flint hills retreat today
We Have Vacancy!
Whether you need a relaxing retreat or you are looking for a new outdoor adventure, our Elmdale Treehouse, in the heart of the Flint Hills, has everything you need for the perfect getaway!